Bring your students to experience the wonderment of a live performance!
Added Value for Educational Theater Performances:
Online multimedia Pointers! Guide for Educators
Post Performance Q & A with Dancers
Pre-Performance Behind the Scenes Tour at an additional cost
|2013-2014 Educational Theater Performances
Click the name of each performance to make a reservation
– Additional performance added!
December 19, 2013
$10 per person/$7 for CMS Title I Schools
Recommended for K-12 students
February 6 & 14, 2014
701 N. Tryon Theater
$9 per person/$6 for CMS Title I Schools
Recommended for Grades 6-12 & College Students
March 13, 2014
$10 per person/$7 for CMS Title I SchoolsRecommended for K-12 students
All programs subject to change
Educational Theater Performance Details
Daytime performances are held at the 701 N. Tryon Theater, the Belk Theater, or the Knight Theater in uptown Charlotte. Repertoire and artists are subject to change without notice.
Upon receipt of full payment, you will receive a reservation confirmation, directions to the theater and parking information. We are unable to accept payment the week of the performance or cash at the theater.
Note: There are no refunds for absent students, chaperones, or groups. In special circumstances, a school or group may receive credit for future Educational Theater Performances. If your school is closed due to emergency/weather, every effort will be made to accommodate your school at another performance. No monetary refunds can be issued.
Full payment secures seats at the time of reservation. Full payment is required two weeks prior to the performance date.
Note: CMS Title 1 schools may reserve seats for $3 less than regular price.
I am interested in bringing my students to the performance. What do I do now?
- Get permission from your school.
- Collect a count of people attending. Call NC Dance Theatre (704.372.0101 x2775) to see if those seats are available.
- Order your buses 3-4 weeks in advance.
- Immediately collect funds from your students and chaperones.
- Make your reservation and payment online, by mail or over the phone. Indicate if you will be paying by check, credit card or purchase order. Immediately send full payment to North Carolina Dance Theatre, Attention: Education and Outreach Department.
- Receive a confirmation of your full payment and complete reservation.
- Use your Pointers Guide, a performance resource for educators. Prepare your students for the performance by talking about audience etiquette.
- At the theater, check in with the ushers (no tickets will be issued). Please let us know the actual number of students and chaperones attending the performance.